About Isuzu

In 2007 a landmark joint venture between Isuzu Motors Limited and General Motors South Africa (GMSA) was formed: a consolidated company, Isuzu Trucks South Africa (Pty) Limited. The new company took over the distribution and support of all Isuzu Trucks to right-hand drive countries in Africa including Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mauritius.

 

Isuzu Motors Limited now has a 70% stake in Isuzu Truck South Africa, with GMSA remaining as a 30% shareholder. The official announcement was made following a high-profile board meeting at Isuzu Motors in Japan sealing the deal at the end of September 2013, with the purchase of 200 Isuzu Truck South Africa shares from GMSA planned for end 2013.

 

The first Isuzu trucks were sold at existing General Motors South Africa truck dealers. To match Isuzu Trucks South Africa’s commitment towards exceptional after-sales support and market growth, the Isuzu truck national retailer network underwent facility upgrades to the value of some R350 million. Today these state-of-the-art facilities – 35 dealers in total – offer prospective and existing clients advice on the best truck for their needs, as well as world class after-sales support.

 

Craig Uren, Chief Operations Officer of Isuzu Trucks South Africa, leads the staff complement of fifty people. They are responsible for all truck marketing, sales, service, product development and engineering support.

 

Isuzu Trucks South Africa operates as a separate legal entity with offices in Woodmead Office Park, Sandton. These offices incorporate the latest technology and wireless connectivity. The head quarters overlook the Sandton interchange on the N1 and is ideally accessible from all directions and OR Tambo International Airport.

 

Isuzu Trucks ranks among the top four medium to extra-heavy truck manufacturers in South Africa.  It has an annual retail market share of more than 10%. The total registered South African Isuzu truck population up to 25 years old is over 36 500 making it one of the most durable and reliable trucks on South African roads.

 

For an international perspective, Isuzu is also Australia’s leading truck supplier – a position Isuzu has held for 20 consecutive years.

Isuzu Trucks offers genuine parts at reduced cost
April 18, 2016 Isuzu Truck South Africa now offers genuine OEM parts at competitive prices for customers.
Our toll fee calculator works on pre-mapped system of all the main roads between our largest cities.